UK E-commerce Fulfilment Centre for EU Retailers
Indisputable convenience and choice have resulted in the rapid growth of online shopping. The initial concerns about data privacy have not prevented shoppers from browsing and ordering on the internet.
Within Europe, the UK has embraced online shopping more than any other nation. According to Forbes, 86% of UK residents make online purchases. Following close behind is Sweden (84%), with 82% of Danish, Swiss, German, Dutch and Luxembourgers buying online. No European retailer wants to miss out on these strong markets.
The Challenges of Shipping to the UK
It has never been easier to target global markets. E-commerce websites make it straight forward to convert details, including currency and language, to suit your country of choice. The challenge comes when fulfilling the orders.
Online shoppers are easily put off by substantial shipping costs and they expect their orders to be delivered promptly.
When shipping from mainland Europe to the UK, it can be costly and there is a risk that packages may get help up at customs. These issues can easily be resolved if you opt for a UK fulfilment centre.
Benefits of a UK E-commerce Fulfilment Centre
Processing your UK orders and returns is a time-consuming process. If you would rather focus your attention on growing the business and exploring emerging markets, Fulfilment Matters can help.
- We make order processing simple. From a basic spreadsheet through to the latest software, we can integrate your existing system with ours.
- We offer a clean and secure warehouse for your stock. Sending your goods, in bulk, to our warehouse will prove to be far more cost-effective than sending individual orders out.
- We have invested in an advanced Warehouse Management System. This allows us to provide you with real-time stock checks and replenishment alerts, as well as accurate pick and pack services.
- We have established and reliable delivery options in order to provide competitive rates and flexibility. (We guarantee that any order made before midday will be accurately picked and packed, then despatched on that day. Later orders will be sent out the same day whenever possible, or prepared for next day despatch.)
- We are equipped to undertake full returns handling.
Our efficient systems will allow your customers to receive their goods quickly. They will also gain confidence from seeing a UK shipping address and, if required, returns address.
More About Fulfilment Matters
Our UK fulfilment centre is located in Aylesbury. In close proximity to the M1, M40 and M25, this is ideally positioned for efficient delivery of goods across the UK. Aylesbury is 40 miles from London. If are considering visiting us, or sending goods via Air Freight, Luton and Heathrow airports are the closest to our fulfilment warehouse.
Fulfilment Matters is committed to providing good customer service. We answer the telephone in person, are responsive to email requests and are keen to work with you in order to make it as easy as possible to meet your customer’s expectations.
If you wish to deliver a one-off promotional product or discount voucher to loyal UK customers, we have the resources to make this happen. You can find out more on our Promotional Pick and Pack page.
If you have any further questions about using a UK e-commerce fulfilment centre to support your order processing, please get in touch on +44 1296 531600.